Ghaziabad is tucked around the eastern boundary of the National Capital Region and it is also known as the “Gateway to Uttar Pradesh”, as it is the point of entry into the state from the national capital. Over the years, Ghaziabad has come a long way in making itself an important industrial city and a vital region of Uttar Pradesh which is conveniently located alongside Delhi, and easily accessible from the capital city.
Ghaziabad, which is both a city as well as a district, derives its name from its founder Ghazi-ud-din – who was a Vazir during the Mughal times. It was founded in the year 1740, and was initially called Ghaziuddinnagar until a railway station came up in the city and subsequently the name was shortened and changed to Ghaziabad. The city was originally a picnic spot for the Mughal rulers, and gradually witnessed a transformation that made it an industrial centre and a hub of commercial activity in Uttar Pradesh.
Ghaziabad as it is today: Spread out over 1900 square kilometers, Ghaziabad is one of the most rapidly developing real estate destinations in the National Capital Region as of now. Densely populated with a mixed population of natives and migrants from nearby cities, towns and villages, the city is expanding by the day. Over the past few decades, the cityscape has changed from clusters of pale old brick houses to modern structures towering above each other. Malls, shopping centers, skyscrapers and high-rise apartments are now to be found in most parts of the city. Its close proximity to the Noida and the industrial and commercial activity within the city still draws plenty of migrants to the city, thus continuing the need for residential and commercial spaces in Ghaziabad.
Real Estate in Ghaziabad: Ghaziabad is witnessing quick growth in terms of real estate. Some of the well-developed areas of the city include Kaushambi, Vaishali, Indirapuram and Vasundhara, all of which have several real estate projects offering housing solutions to families which are operational in the National Capital Region. Lal Kuan and Raj Nagar are among the upcoming destinations in Ghaziabad, which have recently witnessed a surge in demand in terms of real estate, and the stretch of land alongside NH-24 also finds its place among the most sought after investment options.
Over the last quarter, the demand and supply of property in Ghaziabad has been majorly focused on residential apartments which include 2 BHK and 3 BHK units. The preferred budget range of buyers ranges between Rs. 20 and 70 Lakhs, depending on the configuration of the living spaces.
A sneak peek into infrastructure and facilities in Ghaziabad: Know more about Ghaziabad, and how it serves as a place to reside in:
- How you’ll be connected: Ghaziabad is well linked to Noida and New Delhi via the National Highway No. 24, which is an arterial road that runs through Ghaziabad, also linking it to other important towns in Uttar Pradesh. There is also a wide network of internal roads that link different parts of the city, with various public transport options to choose from, including buses, local trains, auto rickshaws, electric rickshaws and cycle rickshaws. For those who travel to and from other parts of Delhi NCR, the Delhi Metro is the best means of public transport, which serves two stations in Ghaziabad, namely Kaushambi and Vasundhara.
- Schools and Education: Ghaziabad has been a hub for education in Uttar Pradesh since the earliest developments in the city, and following the wave of modernization, several established as well as new educational institutions have started operating from Ghaziabad, identifying it as an important centre for education. There are several schools and colleges located in various parts of the city, and these include government-run institutions as well as private ones. Some of the important educational facilities in Ghaziabad have been listed below:o Schools:
- Delhi Public School, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad
- Gurukul – The School, Hapur Bypass, Ghaziabad
- Nehru World School, Shastri Nagar, Ghaziabad
- GD Goenka Public School, Ghukna, Ghaziabad
- Indraprastha Engineering College, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad
- ABES Engineering College, NH-24, Ghaziabad
- Institute of Management Technology, Raj Nagar, Ghaziabad
- Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology, Delhi-Meerut Road, Ghaziabad
Healthcare Facilities: Ghaziabad has several famous government as well as private-run healthcare facilities, which are located in various parts of the city. There are several specialized clinics and hospitals in the city, and the world-class facilities located in Delhi are just a short drive away. Some of the important hospitals in Ghaziabad include Columbia Asia Hospital at Hapur Road, Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital at Vaishali and Yashoda Hospital at Nehru Nagar.
Commercial Areas: Being a commercial/industrial city, there are several marketplaces scattered in almost every locality of Ghaziabad. Most of the markets are street bazaars, with the prominent ones being located around the Old Bus Stand. A few of the popular markets in the city include Chopla Market, Navyug Market, Gandhi Nagar Market and Turab Nagar Market.
Recreation Hubs: There are several malls,shopping arcades and multiplexes that have come up in Ghaziabad in recent times. Most of the popular entertainment hubs are situated in more developed areas like Kaushambi, Vaishali and Indirapuram. Some of the popular malls in Ghaziabad include The Opulent Mall in Gandhi Nagar, East Delhi Mall at Kaushambi, Shipra Mall at Indirapuram and Pacific Mall at Sahibabad.