A snapshot: A name that finds its mention in every discussion about real estate investments in the National Capital Region, Greater Noida represents the south-eastern part of Delhi NCR. The census town, which has recently become a hotspot for real estate investors as well as developers was the result of further expansion of the National Capital Region ahead of Noida. As migrants continued to pour everywhere around the capital in search of better economic prospects, the administration realized that extending the boundaries of NCR till Noida would not be sufficient, and that the territory needed to be pushed further beyond.
Thus, Greater Noida came into existence. The area was huge, it was close to the national capital, and it was open to rapid development, which made it the obvious choice for expansion. Soon after, residential and commercial projects sprouted over hundreds of acres of empty land, giving shape to a well-planned and futuristic city which is also one of the most sought after real estate investment destinations in the region.
Greater Noida as it is today:Today, Greater Noida has established its presence as an important city quite affirmatively. To begin with, the city boasts of the longest six-lane access controlled expressway, better known as the Taj Expressway which links it to Agra; a distance of 165 kilometers which is covered in less than 2 hours. Then, it also houses a principal motorsport facility – the Buddha International Circuit, which hosted India’s first Formula 1 Grand Prix. In fact, the city lays special focus on sports, and it also has a Sports City (launched by the Jaypee Group), along with a cricket and hockey stadium. Greater Noida also has the India Expo Mart, where the Auto Expo 2014 was held. The city is also famous for its educational facilities, and it has several knowledge parks where a range of educational institutions are thriving.
Real Estate in Greater Noida: Real estate in Greater Noida has been at the forefront of the city’s development. Ever since its inception, Greater Noida has been a hub of real estate activity in the National Capital Region. Almost every prominent developer in Noida has pursued Greater Noida as an excellent real estate destination and hundreds of projects have been launched, most of which are located along the Expressway. Important builders that are active within the city include names like the Jaypee Group, 3C builders, Amrapali Group, Supertech, Gaur, Ajnara, Apex and Nirala.
In recent times, there has been a spike in the demand for 2 and 3 BHK apartments in Greater Noida, and the most sought after properties come in the price band of Rs. 20-60 Lakhs.
A sneak peek into infrastructure and facilities in Greater Noida:
- How you’ll be connected: Greater Noida enjoys excellent connectivity with the rest of Delhi NCR via the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway and it is also linked to Agra, an important city in Uttar Pradesh via the six-lane Yamuna Expressway which is approximately 165 kilometers long. Being a modernistic city, Greater Noida also enjoys the convenience of having an excellent network of internal roads which link various parts of the city, and also form an alternative route to Noida. Public transport in the city includes auto rickshaws and buses, and there are also a range of buses shuttling between Noida and Greater Noida.
- Schools and Education: Greater Noida is the nerve centre of educational institutions in NCR; approaching Greater Noida you will witness a myriad of learning facilities along the Expressway, and there are also a number of knowledge parks located in various parts of the city. Some of the important institutions that operate from Greater Noida have been listed below:o Schools:
- St. Joseph’s School, Sector Alpha 1, Greater Noida
- Cambridge School, Knowledge Park I, Greater Noida
- Father Agnel’s School, Sector Beta 2, Greater Noida
- GD Goenka Public School, HS-13, Greater Noida
- Greater Noida Institute of Technology, Knowledge Park II
- Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida
- IIMT College of Engineering, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida
- Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology, Knowledge Park, Greater Noida
- Healthcare Facilities: There are several private-run healthcare centers located in Greater Noida, which range from general health clinics to nursing homes and specialty hospitals. There are also several hospitals located in the adjoining sectors of Noida, which is just a short drive away. Some of the popular hospitals in Greater Noida include Max Multi Specialty Hospital, Kailash Hospital and NIMT Hospital.
- Commercial Areas: Greater Noida has a number of commercial belts scattered around the inhabited sectors of the city, which cater to the needs of individuals and families residing in the countless residential colonies. Some of the popular markets in Greater Noida include R.B Central Market, Tunia Market, Delta II Market and Alpha 2 Market. The massive India Expo Mart is another example of a modernistic commercial space in Greater Noida.
- Workplaces: There are several office spaces in Greater Noida, which are located in business parks and Special Economic Zones designated for setting up manufacturing units and offices. Workplaces are located along the Expressway as well, where various multinational companies and IT service providers have set up their offices.
- Recreation Hubs: Being a well-developed and modernistic city, Greater Noida has several malls which serve as an excellent avenue for shopping, eating out and entertainment. Starting with Ansal Mall at Pari Chowk to MSX Mall at Swarn Nagri, Parsvnath Bibhab Plaza at Alpha I and Lagestromia at Knowledge Park I, there are ample recreation hubs in the city. Not to mention that recreation hubs like Sector 18 and The Great India Place in Noida are just minutes away, excellently connected by the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.