Interior designer Pooja Bhatia says uniqueness of each element in the lounge creates the perfect backdrop for fun and quality time for family members
The family lounge is a section of the house where family spends their substantial entertainment time of the day and should reflect the taste of the people residing in the house.
Pooja Bhatia, a senior interior designer at Design In Vogue, lists the points that need to be kept in mind while planning the lounge’s interiors.
- There should be warm and comfortable couch or seating arrangements since one spends long hours in the lounge. The seating could be a combination of L-shaped sofa with recliners or single seater with foot stools. The colour-scheme should be mainly neutral with highlights of bright cushions.
- Ensuring lighting to be a combination of indirect coves and general ambient lighting is an intelligent move as it gives a good ambience as well as adding the necessary brightness to a space.
- Keep a gadget zone which has the necessary wiring for a full-equipped sound system to enhance the regular sound quality. The TV cabinet should be placed in such a manner that it provides maximum direct viewing and makes regular TV experience comfortable. The TV unit should be designed in such a manner that adequate space is allocated for storage of CDs, DVDs, books and a sleek display for artifacts.
Check Out: 5 Home Decor Ideas for an opulent haven
- Elements of interest in the living area can be family photo wall where a combination of different sizes of photo frames is arranged in an aesthetic manner, with a neutral background such that the pictures catch the attention.
- Accessories form an important aspect of the family lounge. In an existing family lounge, a lamp, bright coloured rug and some bright cushions can add the necessary statement to otherwise plain and simple room. Carpets can demarcate the play area for the children. A large cushion/bean bag with a small mat can be reading area for adults. Demarcating activity zones is a smart and easy way to arrange and decorate the living area.