Most of these projects have been envisaged to provide all end-to-end facilities related to sports. The projects include Ajnara Sports City, Supertech Sports Village and Jaypee Sports City
Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway have seen the advent of a number of property projects, some mid budget and some niche themed-developments. The striking ones among these are a bunch of sports-inspired property projects. While themed developments are a concept of the past, what makes these sports-focused projects interesting is that they are conceived as super-specialised projects in their category, aiming to provide all end-to-end requirements related to that particular theme.
Which are the sports themed developments in Noida?
- Ajnara Sports City, Greater Noida (West)
- Supertech Sports Village, Greater Noida (West)
- Dev Sai Sports Home, Greater Noida (West)
- Aarcity Sports City, Greater Noida (West)
- SOHO Misty Heights Sports City, Greater Noida (West)
- Jaypee Sports City, Expressway
- Lotus Greens Tulip Sports City, Sector 150, Noida
- Gaur Sports Wood, Sector 79, Noida
Where are they located?
Mostly in Greater Noida West where there is abundance of space and scope for niche developments to happen. Noida central too has one or two such developments.
Why are they in demand?
- Super-specialised: Most of these projects have been envisaged to provide all end-to-end facilities related to sports. For example, Supertech and Ajnara have jointly launched Sports Village and boasts of Sania Mirza’s tennis academy, Shikhar Dhawan’s cricket academy and Pullela Gopichand’s badminton academy. Other than these, there are regular amenities that encourage sports like green areas, gyms, clubs and swimming pool.
Similarly, the project of Aarcity is spread on more than 30 acres surrounded by sports facilities. Another project by Dev Sai has three-side open plots facing a golf course. Jaypee Sports City is being developed with Formula1 and go-carting, ICC cricket stadium, golf courses alongside hockey and football stadiums.
- Price point is attractive: Historically, themed developments have always been a hit with the buyers but they usually come with added cost, snob factor and out of the way payments. However, these sports themed projects at Noida region are still available at considerable reasonable price.
Consider this. The price for multistory apartment at Jaypee Sports City ranges between Rs 3,117 and Rs 3,475 per sq ft, whereas the average rates prevailing in this area range between Rs 2,500 and Rs 3,200 per sq ft.
- Abundance of choice: Property options in these projects range from 1BHK, studio apartments, 2BHK, 3BHK and 4 BHK to serviced apartments and penthouses. The facilities are at par and amenities are good too.